Below are some general guidelines and considerations for log authors and posters that are specific to the Character Share board at TSS.
The Character Share board is for users to write a journal or log of their Tamagotchi and Virtual Pet families and their growth.
Consider this your own location to talk freely about your life with your Tamagotchi. This is sort of like having your own online journal on a BBS for all the other board members to read. You are free to be as creative as you'd like and we hope you enjoy writing your logs here.Some differences you will note here in the Character Share board that are not present on other boards at TSS:
1) Admins will not change titles unless they are offensive. You can be as vague or specific as you want for your logs.
2) Admins will not be so harsh to posters on how they post and what they post, as long as it is not offensive or hurtful (judged on a case by case basis).Some considerations you might want to think of when you, the author, posts your log:
1) If you do not want people to comment, made a note of it and people will very likely respect your request. If they do not, simply reply with a gentle reminder and carry on with your posting. (if it is extreme, see #2). Please keep in mind though that this is a chat community and people naturally expect to be able to reply - and they are encouraged in most forums. (If this bugs you to the extreme, I suggest a freewebs or live journal site instead of a log here). Further discussion of this topic is at this location
2) Admins will split and move items from a log at the Log Authors request if it is derailing the Authors log (simply PM an admin) and if it is irrelevant to the Authors Log.
3) You are welcome to be creative as you like with text and/or art work, photos, scans, etc.
4) Once you are finished with a log, you are welcome to start a new one (within reasonable expectations that you do not make a billion threads). We will close log threads at the Authors request.
5) While the vast majority of logs here are Tamagotchi, you may talk about any type of Virtual Pet. Log topics are not restricted to Tamagotchi type virtual pets.
6) Creativity and the sky is the limit. Enjoy and have fun!Some considerations to make when you are commenting on other people's Logs:
1) A lot of time and effort is put into many of these journals.
2) Be respectful to the author when making comments.
3) Try not to derail the log threads. If you have questions or ideas, please post them in the correct forum if it is not directly related to the author's log.
4) Some authors may not want people to post comments, please keep an eye out for the authors request if it is present and try to respect this.
5) If the author does not specifically say they do not want comments - please DO make comments! As stated with #1, authors put time and effort into their logs and for the most part they would love some feedback.
These are simple guidelines, not rules. All situations are case by case. We would like to provide you with as much freedom as you'd like in your logs. If you have any wants or concerns, please let us know!