Animal Crossing: Wild World is like the Tamagotchi of my dreams: cute pixelated animals that go about their lives in real time, and can connect wirelessly to the Internet so they can play with my friends!
To take advantage of the cool features of AC:WW, and because it seems to be a common interest on TSS, let's try to organize a group chat! We can meet in the TSS chatroom, exchange Friend Codes, visit each other's towns, and share fruit!
I would like to propose our first chat on Saturday, January 6
at 9 PM Eastern
. Here is a chart of what time that is around the world. Find a city/country/region/province/time zone close to you and you'll know what time the group chat will be!
- Saturday at 4:00 PM in Honolulu
- Saturday at 5:00 PM in Anchorage
- Saturday at 6:00 PM Pacific Time
- Saturday at 7:00 PM Mountain Time
- Saturday at 8:00 PM Central Time
- Saturday at 9:00 PM Eastern Time
- Saturday at 10:00 PM Atlantic Time
- Saturday at 10:30 PM in Newfoundland
- Saturday at 11:00 PM in Buenos Aires
- Midnight Saturday/Sunday in Rio de Janeiro
- Sunday at 2:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time
- Sunday at 3:00 AM Central European Time
- Sunday at 4:00 AM in Athens, Johannesburg and Jerusalem
- Sunday at 5:00 AM in Nairobi, Moscow and Baghdad
- Sunday at 6:00 AM in Dubai
- Sunday at 6:30 AM in Kabul
- Sunday at 7:00 AM in Karachi, Tashkent and Islamabad
- Sunday at 7:30 AM in New Delhi
- Sunday at 7:45 AM in Kathmandu
- Sunday at 8:00 AM in Dhaka
- Sunday at 8:30 AM in Yangon
- Sunday at 9:00 AM in Bangkok
- Sunday at 10:00 AM in Singapore and Hong Kong
- Sunday at 11:00 AM in Perth and Tokyo
- Sunday at 11:30 AM in Darwin
- Sunday at noon in Vladivostok and Brisbane
- Sunday at 12:30 PM in Adelaide
- Sunday at 1:00 PM in Sydney
- Sunday at 2:00 PM in Fiji
- Sunday at 3:00 PM in Auckland
- Sunday at 3:45 PM on Chatham Island
- Sunday at 4:00 PM in Kiritimati
If you think you can make it (i.e., if you think that at that time, you can be at a computer with your DS at a Wi-Fi hotspot), post here!
If you wish you could make it but can't, post here! I want to try to accomodate as many people as possible.
If you don't have access to Wi-Fi but you have Animal Crossing, come anyway to chat and hang out!
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, come also, because it'll be fun!
I chose Saturday night because I know how to connect my DS to my parents' wireless network. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work in my apartment.
I know I'll be here at my parents' place at that time, so that's why I chose then.
K-Statefry and I were talking about coming to the group hatch on Monday a little early, to chat in the room and try out exchanging Friend Codes. Everyone's free to join us, but since I'll be downtown then, I can't promise that I will have figured out how to make my DS work on my network there.
So I was reluctant to make that the first official TSS AC:WW group chat.
Feedback, please! [edit: linked to calendar -admin]