Last update, Stardate: 0610.27
This page is about Brent Spiner from Star Trek The Next Generation and his character Data.
Click Here to read a Brent Spiner con report from StarFest (April 21, 1996). A special Thanks to Lark for writing this wonderful report and allowing me to include it on this page! Click here to see some Brent convention pics.
On this page you will also find links to Brent images, Brent Spiner quotes,and links to other Brent Spiner pages.
This Months Quote: "That Action injured you and saved me. I will not forget it." - Data to Riker in "Measure of a Man"
Brent Spiner Images
Please excuse the quality of some of these images.
Data in Generations
Data with Spot From Generations
Two more from Generations
Pic from episode "Masks" from STTNG
Data with Julianna Soong
Brent with two other familiar faces :)
Brent Spiner Convention Images!
Brent con photo 1
Brent con photo 2
Brent con photo 3
Brent con photo 4
Brent con photo 5
Brent con photo 6
Brent con photo 7
I would like to thank Jo DeLapo for letting me use these pics on my page.
Brent Spiner Quotes
These quotes were taken from several different conventions.
- "I'll tell you what I've been doing. I've been sleeping for about 10 months straight, and it's been good."
- "OK. Questions... So, as I always say, feel free to ask me about anything you want, there are just those two little areas I'd like to stay away from - Star Trek and my personal life. Anything else you want to ask me about - names in the news, the OJ trial..."
- "We did the series for seven years and they colored my hair for seven years. It was not gray when we began but, uh, it was a lighter color than they wanted to go. So they colored it from the very beginning. As soon as we finished the film, I had my hair cut very short to let my own color grow out. And I was surprised as you to see how old my hair had gotten. Fortunately, none of the rest of me did."
- "The two Spots we work with now, are the two finest actors I have ever worked with."
- "I think in all of the time we've used Spot the writers have only written on sentence that was appropriate for Spot. The sentence went: 'Data watches Spot eat tuna out of a bowl.' First take. Boom!, went right to the bowl!"
- (Fan gets embarrasses while asking a question, all the room laughs) "Is that the first full house laugh you've ever had? It's a wonderful experience, isn't it? If you're anything like me, you will be on the stage before you know it."
- "You remember the Picard Maneuver? We call it, where he would pull down the front of his...(Brent tugs his shirt to demonstrate) Well, everybody started doing that. Well I, of course, couldn't do it because it would leave a gold hand print on my... (laughter) So I had to get very in-depth at never touching myself... (lots of laughter) I have to say, uh, please they're children in the room. That's bled over into my personal life and I haven't touched myself now in eight years."
- Question: Were jokes ever played on the set?
Brent: "We were dignified, serious actors... What's that? (man in audience yells out "Your nose is growing!") Tell you what, in my case that could be tragic!"
- Question: Do you think non-Trekkers that watched the movie figured out that Data was an android?
Brent: "I think once they opened up my head, it was clear I was not a human being."
- Brent: "...I'm not much of a cook, to be honest with you."
Question: Microwave-type person?
Brent: "I'm not even a microwave-type person. I'm a 'Let's see, do you have a menu? I'll have the... ' I really don't cook at all. I do make coffee..."
Question: Do you like cappuccino? Café mocha?
Brent: "No, I'm talking about those filter packs that you put in the cold water."
Question: You put water in those little packs?
Brent: "I told you I'm not much of a cook."
- A Klingon says to Brent in a Klingon voice "Sorry about the Enterprise."
Brent: "We've got more of them where that one came from."
- Question: What role have you played that has influenced your perception of yourself more than any other?
Brent: "Bob Wheeler on Night Court changed my perception of myself because I never realized until that moment that a jerk I truly was, and seeing myself on TV opened up a whole world of possibilities."
- Question: Will you do another CD?
Brent: "I probably will. I'm just trying to get to the point where I'm ready to lose a whole bunch more money. I know I'll get there someday, so eventually probably so."
- Question: How long did it take to do the make-up?
Brent: "An hour and fifteen minutes the first day, and it took an hour and fifteen minutes on the last day. never fluctuated in the least. It was probably the only down-side of being on the show, because I had to be there at 5:45 every day and there was nobody else there but Michael Westmore, which was very pleasant - he's a very nice guy and a genius makeup artist - but about five minutes to seven Patrick would come breezing in and they'd run a dry mop over his head!"
- (about Stellar Cartography set) "We'd been on the ship for seven years! But obviously there were a lot of rooms I'd never been in and it wasn't necessary that I see the room prior to the movie. It was a huge platform that was 15 feet in the air; it was like a diving board surrounded from the floor to the ceiling by a blue screen that they projected all those images on. But I'm not great with heights - this is from somebody who has traveled the galaxy - and it moved too, it was not stationary, and as you got closer to the edge of it it started to move. We were up there for two starlit days. Patrick loves heights, of course, and I explained to him when we first got there that I'm really nervous right now and I don't care for heights at all, and for the next two days he started doing this (Brent jumped up and down to demonstrate) and it would start bouncing - it really would! We had no problem with it, but I was terrified the entire time."
Brent Spiner Links
Filmography of B. Spiner
Brent Spiner on MySpace.com
This page is not endorsed by Brent Spiner, his agent, or Paramount Pictures. Star Trek; Star Trek: The Next Generation; Star Trek: Deep Space Nine; Star Trek: Voyager are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures; a VIACOM company. Star Trek is a registered trademark of Paramount Pictures registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. No Infringement is Intended.
This page will be updated in the near future...it is under construction and many additions are planned.
This page always has been and forever will remain in a state of constant update.
Mystic Fortress / My Quotes Page / MMPR The Movie Original Script / Tamagotchi Planet / Furbsters Guide